Thursday 16 September 2010

Who views the channels?

I have researched fashion channels to see what type of people view the channels in order to tell what type of people will be viewing the websites, which will also enable me to gain an insight into the general taste and content required for the website.


World Fashions target audience:

"well educated, successful and dynamic people

Opinion leaders, high earners, trend setters"

Professionals related to the world of fashion- designers, photographers,models,owners and clients of fashion boutiques"
http://www.worldfashion.tv/files/wfc_presentation.pdf

Over half of the viewers are of the 17-35 age bracket and 72% of the audience earn a high wage, 57% are men and 43% are women.

Here are some statistics that I have found on the Ftv website describing the typical viewer:

MEN (64,7%), WOMEN (35,3%)


• AGE: 21-44 YEARS (61%); 45-54 (23%); 55+ (16%)

• EDUCATION: DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT (62%); BELOW DEGREE (38%)

• WELL-OFF, TECHNOPHILES, GLOBETROTTERS, TRENDY AND AD-AWARE

• EARLY ADOPTERS, OPINION LEADERS, MODELS, FASHION STARS
AND FASHION PROFESSIONALS

• MORE AFFLUENT, OLDER AND ENJOY HIGHER EDUCATION LEVELS THAN MUSIC
CHANNEL VIEWERS

• YOUNGER THAN NEWS CHANNEL VIEWERS BUT FALL INTO A SIMILARLY HIGH
INCOME BRACKET

• YOUNGER THAN VIEWERS OF SPORTS CHANNELS BUT HAVE A HIGHER
DISPOSABLE INCOME

• WITH FTV YOU ARE ABLE TO REACH A UNIQUE TARGET GROUP AND WILL HAVE A LARGER IMPACT ON OUR YOUNG AFFLUENT VIEWERS

R E S U L T S :

From the information above I have acknowledged that more men watch the channel than women, but it must depend on the actual channel as that results from world fashion TV is much different to that of FTV, as nearly double the amount men watch this channel compared to women. World Fashion TV on the other hand is just a slight difference of men watching the channel compared to women.

Each channel has the most viewers from the age bracket of approximately ages 17-44 year old.

I have also found that the majority of viewers of each channel are affluent, therefore this means that the adverts and sponsors e.t.c. can definitely be from expensive companies, such as Chanel for instance.

S U M M A R Y
Therefore when designing my website for my fashion channel I will have to consider all these factors above. I think that even though my research has shown that more men than women watch the fashion Channels, I will make the website unisex, thus it will suitable for all audiences then. However, I am not making an actual fashion channel, I am making a website for a fashion TV channel and I have not been able to find any statistics on the gender that views the channel websites the most, therefore I am still a little uncertain as to if the gender of the viewers is dramatically different to the gender of people that mostly look at the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment